About Our Church
- On December 5, 1982, Prince of Peace Missionary Baptist Church Inc. was formed. This church body is led by the Holy Spirit and is most miraculous. Prince of Peace M.B.C. was founded under the pastorship and leadership of Reverend Stanford Hervey along with twelve (12) charter members. After three years of pastorship, on June 28, 1985, Pastor Hervey was called home to glory.
- On December 7, 1985, Reverend Clifton Dollison accepted the responsibility of pastor and was installed on August 17, 1986 by Reverend Cleytus D. Malone and the membership of Second Missionary Baptist Church. After leading the Prince of Peace flock for six years, Reverend Dollison relocated to Florida, where he accepted another pastorship.
- On August 30, 1992, the Lord sent us a shepherd, Reverend Robert Lee Seaward. Reverend Seaward pastored Prince of Peace M.B.C. for twenty six years; prominently known for his servant leadership. In March, 2008, Reverend Seaward officially offered his resignation as pastor due to health complications. Even in ill health, Pastor Seaward's attitude was: “Come what may, God knows and is the Way, and I will stay on the battle field until my dying day."
- Pastor Dennis Manuel graciously served as Interim Pastor from March through November 2008.
- On March 8, 2009, Reverend Warren Bryant was ordained and installed. Pastor Bryant, a man with a vision and a man with a heart for God’s people, served faithfully as our leader until August 15, 2010.
- On March 4, 2012, with excitement, we welcomed Bishop Designate Mark A. Evans. Bishop Designate Evans was installed on March 25, 2012. He hails from Puritan Missionary Baptist Church, Indianapolis, IN where he was under the leadership of Bishop Larry D. Grinstead. Bishop Designate Evans' preaching, teaching, and his love for God and God’s people are remarkable. We look forward to the bright future of Prince of Peace.
The best is yet to come!