Overseer Mark A. Evans
- Pastor Mark A. Evans is a native of Indianapolis, Indiana. Pastor Evans accepted the Lord as his personal savior at the age of 14.
- In January 1983, Pastor Evans joined the Armed Forces and was promoted to the rank of Private First Class and a few months later to the rank of Corporal E-4. Pastor Evans was honorably discharged in 1986.
- In 1998, Pastor Evans was licensed to minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ at Phillip Temple CME Church under the leadership of Dr. Pastor Oliver D. Walker. In 2004, Pastor Evans transitioned to Puritan Missionary Baptist Church in Indianapolis under the leadership of Bishop Larry D. Grinstead, Senior Pastor. In December of 2007, while serving under Bishop Grinstead, Pastor Evans was ordained & served as an Associate Minister.
- In March of 2012, Pastor Evans was installed as Senior Pastor of Prince of Peace Missionary Baptist Church, where the mission is to “preach, teach, and practice the unconditional love of Jesus.” Pastor Evans’ love for God, his family, and God’s people is remarkable. During his first year, Pastor Evans fostered several community relationships; including speaking engagements at St. Paul MBC, Shiloh MBC, and St. John MBC. Pastor Evans has also supported other initiatives; such as the Stop the Violence Rally at Rapture Temple Ministries, as well as speaking to college students during Indiana State University’s Homecoming. Pastor Evans has led Prince of Peace in numerous community outreach opportunities as the Lord leads. Under the leadership of Pastor Evans, Prince of Peace M.B.C. looks forward to a bright future; confident that the best is yet to come!
- August 22, 2020, Pastor Evans was elevated to the position of Overseer of Administration of the Indiana Diocese of Covenant Churches of America under the leadership of Presiding Prelate Bishop Marvin Denson and Bishop Jonathan Mason of the Indiana Diocese. At that time, three Ministers were elevated to Elders and two deacons ordained.
- Pastor Evans has been married to his wife, Asira for 28 years. They are the proud parents of their two children, Tailor and Isaiah; two older children, Markeyia and Mark Jr., which reside in Louisiana, one grand- daughter, E’Marei Aunyae Smith, and three grandson, Kru Evans, Ku’ree Evans and Khari Evans. In his spare time, Pastor Evans enjoys playing basketball, mentoring young men, riding motorcycles, and a host of other sports related activities.